Aromatherapy is a form of alternative therapy to help improve one’s health and mood and it is becoming more popular now as people tend to use more organic and natural solutions in their daily lives . Using essential oils energizes and stimulates part of the brain that is our sense of smell or the olfactory system , from there the signal is sent to our limbic system in the brain that is in charge of how we feel , our emotions …we remember how that particular smell made us feel and we react to it by releasing chemicals that makes us feel calm and at peace and at times energized based on what our intention is . In many countries the Aromatherapy is a big part of their every day life .
There are different ways you can use Aromatherapy:
- Topical , directly applying it to your skin and massaging .
- Aerial diffusion , by spraying it in the room .
- Inhalation , when you inhale the oils using a aroma oil diffuser .
Aromatherapy can be used to help you Relax , release Stress and Anxiety Headache , Insomnia , Depression , Muscle pain , Menopausal problems .
Some of the popular aromatherapy Oils ~
- Lemon Oil , Helps with removing stress , energizing your mood and helps with depression .
- Thyme Oil , Helps with Nervousness and stress and feeling tired .
- Tea Tree Oil , is Disinfectant
- Lavender Oil , Helps with Relaxation , Headache , antiseptic for cuts and burns .
- Eucalyptus Oil , Used for Flu and Cold , helps open your airways ~
- Basil Oil , Helps with Focus and Depression . and not to be used during pregnancy.
Aromatherapy products are highly concentrated and you want to consult an Aromatherapist to help you understand what works best for you. They can be poisonous if the right amount is not used and if you don’t follow instruction given to you. Once you start you will see how much better you feel by using Natural products that is available to us on this earth every day . Make the best of it .
Love & Light on your journey ~