Nike says “Just do it.” They are right. But how do you “Just do it.” when you are afraid of making mistakes? The stress can be overwhelming with all the responsibilities you have. No one seems to understand. No one seems to care.
I, too, got stuck in a bit of fear this week. I run a website development firm. We also produce software. The funding that goes into these projects can be staggering. After all, we are no small ma and pa shop anymore. I have a staff to feed. Every decision I make can affect the company including “What’s for lunch?”. You think I’m over exaggerating. I may be. Actually, I know I am. But when you are a business owner, it’s no longer lunch that’s a concern. It’s the 10 billion things that can happen relating to that simple lunch. The productivity can be down for the day after a company lunch. The morale can stay up, as long as the managers treat the staff fairly. Or will it cross over to friendships that will eventually turn into an HR issue? What if someone’s having an office romance and the date didn’t go so well the night before? Will that affect the energy of the whole office? So, no. Lunch is no longer just hanging with the guys and have a beer.
As we are looking to launch a prototype business community site, I see myself (in slow motion) refining my marketing plan over and over again instead of taking the action of “Just do it.” The marketing plan is simply a distraction, you see. It’s busy work. It’s safe to be in the planning stages. It’s safe to fantasize about success. Taking the action means I’m putting myself out there. It means I will be faced with potential rejection. It means I may have to realize that the product is a big failure. So, yeah. It feels much better staying in the safe zone. I know exactly what I will be getting. Zero. Am I happy about it? Not necessarily. But I’d feel safe.
So, how do you get out of this vicious cycle?
1. Stop what you are doing IMMEDIATELY. In my case, I stopped refining my marketing plan.
2. Remind yourself what your goal(s) are. In my case, to launch a business community where we can help one another with business expansion.
3. Remove the obstacle. In my case, me. I’m the one stopping myself from getting what I want. By the way, this will raise many debates but the obstacle is ALWAYS ourselves.
4. Know you’re in the space of Abundance and you deserve to have ALL you wish. In my case, I’ve been wanting an online business resource center for years. Why not now? I’m ready. I have a team behind me. I have business affiliates who will back my project. I’m definitely ready.
5. Choose Differently. In my case, continue to write my marketing plan isn’t exactly getting me anywhere. The magic is in execution. So, despite fear and doubt, I choose to take action. I choose to “Just do it.”
Now, don’t think you have to take a giant step forward to shift your vibration. Me writing this blog post instead of working on my marketing plan is already shifting my energy. This minor gesture is HUGE in the energy world. I’m telling my Higher Self that I’m ready and WILLING. It’s time to make my dream into reality. So just do it. You deserve everything you want in Life, plus more!